Sunday 30 September 2007

Yorkshire Pudding Hits the US

I have been down a bit of late. I am guessing it is homesickness, but it could be all sorts of reasons like feeling great after finishing my thesis and the feeling crashing etc. I'm not entirely sure. To cheer myself up I decided to make Sunday lunch, complete with Yorkshire Pudding.

I'll be honest with you, the dinner was a complete shambles, but it worked a treat in cheering me up. It was a typical Rob endeavour. I didn't have anything metal that looked like it could be used to make them, so I tried a Pyrex dish I found. Didn't have a whisk. No vinegar, which I usually add to make them fluffy. As you can see it actually rose. It tasted so good. It made me so happy. I was home for a moment or two. The rest of the meal was chaos. I haven't attempted to cook Sunday lunch in the States and only cooked one or two since I lived with Jimmy (who can be seen sleeping on the New York subway here, and was last seen somewhere in Canadia) which was last October. So my timing was bad, things got cold, I didn't have a masher and I messed up the gravy. All in all a success.

1 comment:

Biggsy said...

How come when we shared a house your Yorkshire pudding didn't look that good!!??
Have you introduced your American buddies (correct use of American slang?) to other British culinary delights such as Black pudding (fried pigs blood) and spotted dick (its not what you were thinking its a steamed pudding)?