Saturday 30 June 2007

Random Update

I just thought I would update you on a few things. So as you might have guessed from the picture I have become a baseball convert. I thought it was about time to get me a baseball cap. So here is a pic of me looking very American ( you can even see dirty D in the background) and also that I do indeed have a TAN......I know you can't believe it.

Also caught a really cool band in Chapel Hill called Wild Sweet Orange. Hailing from Birmingham, AL, they were really bloody good. It was an accident they we saw them as they were the first support band for Casiotone for the Painfully Alone. Which is a fantastic name for a band, but unfortunately as the first band was so good, CFTPA were a bit of a disappointment and a bit too down beat for the mood we were in. Although they did a good job of covering Bruce Springsteen's 'Streets of Philadelphia' in a very Casio keyboard style. Wild Sweet Orange did a very good job of doing a Pixes loud/soft/loud and were really tight on stage.

In other news, I am moving on Tuesday to my new place. I am very excited about that, as it is really sweet place, so expect pictures ASAP. Other pluses include Internet that works all the time and my own TV with the 70 odd channels you get here. Also I am off to New York, NY, next Friday. Dan is coming for a week, so we are going to go crazy New York style, including going to Live Earth. Also we are crashing at Shannon's place so it is extra cool. So expect a big blog update after that, with pictures. Last time such scenes as this took place...


You have been warned. For those interested, this is Jimmy (my old house mate) asleep at 3 am on the New York Subway. Jon and I were tempted to leave him....

PS A couple of people comment but it would be lovely great to have more people post a few.

2 comments:

Mr b said...

You have a tan? Is that possible with your blighty complexion? I on the other hand have a chalky white face - like the moon.

Biggsy said...

You bar steward! Putting that picture of me on the subway on your blog!
At least I no longer feel guilty for punching you when you violently woke me to get me off at the right stop!