Tuesday 25 September 2007

A Postcard from Derbyshire

Quite a few of the readers of this monstrosity are the from the states. So I thought I would treat you some snaps of the fair shores of home. Also I have been playing with my photo editor. Some say it is grim up north......

It's not really though. Most of these pictures are of the peak district which is a national park which is only a few miles from my house. Below is a picture of the Hope valley. It is quite strange that there is an area of Durham, NC that is named after this.

A stream behind my parents house. This was actually took on a day after Christmas a few years ago, while we were trying to still walk off dinner.

This is actually 5 minutes walk from my parents house. I have put them in because snow here in NC seems so far off. The last few days have been over 30 oC.

Back to the peaks again and this is a view of Mam Tor from the inside of Peveril Castle. How very English this is turning out to be.


This is a picture of where the second photo was taken, it really is one of my favourite spots in the whole world.


Here is Stanage Edge which is apparently one of the best places to climb in the UK. It may not look high, but I worked near it for a summer and with the amount of helicopter rescues I'm guessing it's pretty easy to fall.


I have been pretty stressed the last few weeks and it has resulted in probably my worse bout of homesickness since I got here. It's crushing me or anything like that. I don't want to leave, on the contrary I think I'm gonna stay longer, if they will let me. Normal service will resume shortly, I just can't put my finger on it.....

No comments: