Monday 29 October 2007

NC State Fair

This is the last of the North Carolina state fair series (I'm actually going to have to do something blogworthy now). It was a good experience, I wouldn't go every week, but it's a pretty cool thing to do once a year maybe. Here is the NC flag, the sky was beautiful, even a touch of Carolina blue at the bottom of the picture.

This was one of the first things I saw as I entered the fair ground. I was told there was going to be wall to wall red necks.

Thats more like it....

I think this is a really nice picture of Andy and Bonnie. Also one of the few photos I have taken of Andy when he is not doing something stupid.

Back to the locals. It was a bloody massive thing. They get you with the deep-fried food as you get in. Then the rides halfway through. Someones gonna be sick.

This picture has two purposes. Firstly it shows the place where I got the ostrich burger. Secondly some fat Americans for y'all. To be fair, even at a place that sells deep-fried everything there weren't that many fat people and I'm sure you will find a similar amount in Blackpool or Skegvegas. Has my radar gone, or I am joining them.

You gotta love those Carolina sunsets.

Although after dark the freaks come out....

Red necks will pay to see anything. Oops, sorry thats Andy. Notice above only 50c to get in. Thats 25p.

I thought I'd finish with a nice one.

The state fair may not be the most intellectual of pursuits in the world, but I'll say one thing, it was a lot of fun. I recommend anyone going to one, just don't expect much and you will be pleasantly surprised.

No comments: