Sunday 23 September 2007

Tales from the bar

I was planning on an uneventful Saturday evening. I had acquired a $7 bottle of wine and was going to enjoy it and the mosey on down to a birthday party that was starting at 11. Halfway through this wine Hui called to see if I wanted to play darts. Not being very good, I of course jumped on the chance. I got to the bar early and sat down in front of the TV. A few minutes later a bloke came and was giving the guy next to me shit about letting his seat get taken. The bloke insisted that I stayed there as it was the best seat for the football in the bar and I was watching it rather than the last time it happened to him where the guy wasn't even watching it. My reply was yeah I'm watching it but I have no clue about American football. This sparked the obvious conversation about how can you watch 'soccer' or should I say 'football' blah blah. He actually didn't mind it just preferred American football, but did like Rugby.

I do like American bars that are chilled out and people talk to you. I could just imagine the exchange in certain UK bars. Which reminds me of watching and England match with my sister once. She was shouting at people to get out of her way so she could watch the game. Biggest football hooligan I know.

No comments: