Wednesday 13 June 2007

Update: el gigante and random American stuff

Ok so I am finally eating again, two days after the carnage that was 'el gigante'. I managed a normal lunch and a tiny dinner. Also I haven't actually put any weight on..... which is rather surprising as the monster was estimated to be about four or 5 pounds(about two kilograms).

Other news: I might have a tan.... yes I know very surprising. Also I am moving in July, so pictures will be on they way as this place is sweet. I am loving the comments please keep em up.

So now for the random American stuff. I had to go to the 'campus orientation' today, yes almost two months after arriving. It started off bad, i.e. an 8:15 in the AM. I was still worried about food induced coma from the monster. I had to be there to sort out my benefits. So instead of telling everyone this first they prattled on about duke for about 3 hours first and got us to play team building exercises. You know it's gonna be bad when the person in charge says 'well I'm just a corny guy'. He proceeded to tell us lots of random trivia about duke, and I mean lots. I had read about it before I got here on Wikipedia. Then the team building games. We had to introduce ourselves and say where we are from, somehow the guy had to talk to everyone about duke basketball. Who are really good, but duke is really good at other things too, like biomedical engineering which was never mentioned. Ok rant over, there was a plus side I found out about the lemur center which I am going to be visiting soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Duke B'ball is pretty damn good, but they seem to miss out on the final 4 NCAA a lot. UNC were pretty awesome, Jordan (I think) is an old boy there, as is Jerry Stackhouse, who had the potential to be amazing, and just never quite did it.