Tuesday 21 August 2007

Wilmington, NC

Here is the second part of my vacation with the folks. After DC we traveled to the beautiful North Carolina coast, to a lovely little town called Wilmington. Here are just some shot I took while out with my family. So I guess it would be rude not to include a photo of them.

Arghhh Ye be ware.....


The USS North Carolina now rests in a dock on the Cape Fear river. It is really cool. I love looking round stuff like this.

It is a bit of a monster

This photo is great, it's off the deck of the USS NC and it really does capture the image in my head of a gnarled southern river bank.

I found this on the other river bank..... didn't see any though :'-(


This boat is not so lucky as the USS NC

These next few photos were taken from a river cruise on the Cape Fear river. I love being on the water.

The riverfront is fantastic to walk down.

Nice seafood restaurants too

This is me getting all arty. I love taking photos at dusk. I have really started getting back into photography since moving to the states. All you UK tax payers out there will be glad to know my GCSE in photography is not being wasted, unlike the US tax payers who are paying for me to go on these holidays.

North Carolina actually has a pretty good film industry apparently. Here is a snap of the filming One Tree Hill. Dawson's Creek and Forest Gump and around 200 other films have also filmed in Wilmington. Which is why some call it Wilmywood.


No comments: