Thursday 23 August 2007

Coastal North Carolina - Wrightsville Beach

Here is the third and final part of my holiday snaps that I took with my parents. This is the closest beach to my house, about 2 hours away. I think it's slightly better than the beaches near Sheffield.


This beach is on the Atlantic Ocean


NC has nice sand dunes, although this one is a little baby


The beach is on a little island, with a body of water behind


The brown pelicans would fly right by our hotel balcony, you could spit on em if it wasn't so windy


I have no idea what this little wading bird was but they move bloody fast


Lovely flat white beaches with Sea Oats growing. It take about five minutes to walk from one side of the island to the other, but they can be really long, I think this one was about 5 miles.


The wind was pretty powerful. It made swimming really difficult but I loved every minute I was in the water


I just really liked taking photos of theses posts......

No comments: