Sunday 15 July 2007

Photos from New York

First things first, thank yous. Shannon it was a pleasure to hang out with you again (as always) and thank you so much for putting up with Dan and I, even though you weren't feeling great. Dan thank you so much for coming to the US, much appreciated.

I think this is going to take me a few days to sort the blog out, so I thought I would tease you with some of my favourite pictures that I took from the last week. Here is the view down 6th avenue from central park, complete with yellow cabs.

The British tradition of sunbathing in the midday sun has stayed with some of the colonials. It was over 35 oC and New Yorkers were flocking to central park.

This is the view on the opposite way up 6th on market day. Only in New York would they close a major road to let people sell kebabs on the street. I love it.

The first skyscraper in NYC. Clocking in at a massive 20 stories, its a baby compared to some. I think it is one of the coolest, probably because it would be one of the few I could actually go up. Vertigo is strange in NYC.

I really love the colours at dusk and the Brooklyn Bridge is so photogenic. Oh yeah that little thing in the background is Manhattan Island. It does look quite cool doesn't it.

Here is pretty much the same photo but a bit later. I think this is one of the best views of Manhattan you can get. It is from a little park in Brooklyn under the Manhattan bridge.

I just couldn't resist.....

Yup I actually walked across the Brooklyn bridge. I will tell all later. I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

1 comment:

Mr b said...

you tease you. Don't you do any actual work over there?