Saturday 14 July 2007

4th of July

I am back from my jaunt to New York City, which I will update you on very soon. I just wanted to put in a little note about the 4th of July. This year it was a strange one as it was on a Wednesday, having a day off in the middle of the week really threw everything off. I was going to New York, so I was pretty excited anyway.

I guess you wanted to know what I did for it? Well I spent most of the day hungover. As Ryan and I decided it would be a great idea to sit at the bar while going to the pub on the evening of the 3rd. I saw the day in in the right spirit, getting drunk and watching a band. I just got into the party mood a bit too much. The band were great, just playing fun music, so looking back on it I didn't mind the hangover too much.

The actual day of the 4th. I watched the traditional 'Hot dog eating contest' held at Conney Island, New York. They have 12 minutes to eat as many hot dogs as they can. Before anyone suggests it, NOOOOOO. That is too far. Here is a photo I took on my travels of the billboard. The record this year was 66 hot dogs. They dip them in water and just basically stuff them in. They aren't fat guys, either. I felt sick watching it, but the commentary was pretty funny. They were hyping them up as big athletes, comparing them to Babe Ruth etc. I just wanna see them go for an 'El Gigante'.......

No comments: