Sunday 27 January 2008

A night at the 506: the great 8 showcase

Here is a little photoblog update. It is me playing with my new camera at a red collar gig. I took all these without a flash for that old school grainy black and white effect. Remember to click on the photos to see them big.

One of the best things about being back in Durham is the music. On Saturday I caught a show at the aptly named Local 506 showcasing national, sorry, local talent. The so called great 8, which you can see a cool flash applet about. The first band I saw properly was 'I was totally destroying it', I have seen them before, and are pretty damn cool. I think they fit into the local scene well as the local bands round here seem to be trying to reclaim pop music or at least rock 'n' roll. Unfortunately I was still working out how to use my camera and the pictures I got were pretty bad.

I did get some of Red Collar though. The first shot is actually of a film that was being shown throughout the night of the great 8. I just thought it came out nice, especially as the guy in the white t-shirt is the guy in the white shirt.


Things started off pretty quiet.


When you don't use a flash it's hard to capture motion in focus, but it does show the energy the band have.

They do move around on stage.


I got this shot on the go of 'hey come on let's go go go' from the song 'stay'


A shot with the whole band. It's tough when you're trying to fight off all the fan girls and boys for a good space to take photos.....


3 comments:

j@redcollar said...

Great pictures!!! Can we use them on our myspace?

hearts,
Red

Glenn Boothe / Local 506 said...

Thanks for coming out! Great photo's...

Let's Go, Go, Go...glenn / local 506

Unknown said...

faaaaaanboy

<3