Thursday 10 January 2008

Back in Carolina, I think

Well I made it back to NC after a jaunt back to the UK. It was good to see some old faces. It is so difficult to see everyone, so I am sorry if I missed you. I was strange being back. I think I did finally get used to it by the end. Although I did miss NC. It's strange, even though it is really hard leaving friends and family back in the UK and I do miss everyone, I was ready to come back home to dirty D. It does feel like home now. One thing I don't miss about the UK in the winter is the short days and the miserable weather. We get about 2 and a half hours extra of daylight here. Also a big smile on my face.

Speaking of England, here is the end of my road in Dronfield. We got a light dusting of snow. For the colonials, that is a bend in the road.

I really wouldn't recommend doing four transatlantic flights in about 6 weeks. It really does mess with your head. Although my last flight (Philly - Raleigh) was really nice as it was the first time I have chatted to a random on a flight. It was this old guy from NY state and was flying down to see his grandson. We just talked about England and Engineering.

Just in case I hadn't mentioned it, I am now here till March 2009. I hope everyone had a good festive season. I will be updating the blog more from now on. I am even buying a new camera. Get me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alright dude. March 2009 - nice one fella!