Thursday 24 May 2007

First Month

OK so I have been here a month now and it's going pretty good. I am definitely feeling a lot more settled than I have been all the time I have been here. Yesterday was strange as it was my birthday but today has been good. I have been looking for apartments as I have to move in Aug. Yes you heard me right, I am organised and pro-active, well kinda. My feeling at the minute is that I want to stay till next Aug. I have to extend my visa anyway so I might as well put a few extra months on. This may/probably will change by the time I have to think about it, but I guess it means that I am enjoying it here.

It is strange it feels like I have been here ages, but then sometimes it's like I have only been here 2 minutes. It's the old brain playing tricks again. I must have changed since I got here. I know I feel a lot happier about everything. I just hope I change for the good. I am probably a lot more organised than I was awhile ago. Well not too organised, he he. Also I am getting better at keeping in touch. It helps when your not in the country.

I do miss everyone back home. Leaving made me realise that so much. When it actually hit me that I was leaving, I was overwhelmed. I just hadn't been thinking too much about it for one reason or another. I have had quite a bit of time to sort things out in my head. Moving has really put things into perspective. Looking back on my leaving party it was great to see everyone and I can't thank everyone enough for coming. We need to get together more often. He says when he is 3500 miles away. Before I gush too much, I shall stop.

I am gonna get I list on the blog of the top things I should do. Stuff like shoot a gun, eat a 64 Oz steak etc. The blog has got a good response so far so I will keep it up. It would be nice if y'all made some comments




No comments: