Monday 24 March 2008

Las Vegas: Outside of Vegas, the red rock canyon

After the Hoover dam, we decided a jaunt to the red rock canyon on the outskirts of Vegas was the order of the day. I found this lovely sign while trying to find our way there (if you see if you are going the wrong way).

What we did find were the power lines leading from the dam to Boulder city.

I have to add I was driving, and I did get us there. It was worth it.

I even got to practice my GCSE photography. Get me.


There is a lovely little loop you can drive round. We even saw some fluffy bunnies on the way round.
Another one for the GCSE scrapbook

Here are some Joshua Trees with the characteristic layers rocks in the background. The red is due to iron.

You can just about see Vegas in background. We shall get to that next.

No comments: