Saturday 2 February 2008

Adventures with the DMV

After months of abuse by the door staff of NC I decided to breakdown and get an ID. I wanted originally to get my drivers license converted to an NC one. This is not an easy task. Firstly to get a license you need a car. This is because you need auto insurance to get a license. The flaw in the system is that to buy a car...... you need a drivers license. So I got a lovely ID instead. Ah the joys of the NC Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).

The DMV office in Durham is pretty bad. When we first got there, the guy giving people their ticket was also the guy taking the photos. So there were two big queues. It is painful watching somebody who is a stickler for protocol doing their job badly. Also notice the expiry date. It better bloody work after all that.

rant over.

P.S. I saw the fattest person I have seen in NC at the DMV. I felt bad for him as he had to try and squeeze into a horrible little plastic chair.

No comments: