Tuesday 2 September 2008

South Carolina: Charleston

As I have been terrible with updating the blog the next post is when Jimmy flew down from Canada and we drove down to Charleston, SC to meet Andy in July. Charleston is only 300 miles away from Durham so it was too bad a drive.

It was great the Jimmy decided to fly down to Dirty D. I got to show him a few things round town and we just had a chilled out first evening. Then we drove down to Charleston the next day. We took a minor detour, as I kinda got carried away during an in-car game and missed the [not so] small sign[s, lots of them] for I-95. It was pretty cool seeing rural NC. Jimmy had definitely not seen anything like it in his life (I'm sure we heard a few banjos). We met up with Andy a little late, but that was due to setting off late (due to my bosses, grrrrr).

I will go through our nighttime adventures in the next post, here is my photoblog of Charleston in the day. Blue was the order of the day, I'm sure people were staring at us! It's quite funny how white Jimmy looks (and ahem how American Andy and I look).


The next few photos are just things I liked and snapped them while we were wandering about.









The waterfront.


A wee turtle in the SC aquarium. It was really cool place to go and I learnt a few things about the coast of NC and SC, mainly that it has a lot of cool things in the sea.


We had a great day in Charleston, and I really do recommend it to anyone. It has a bit of everything, the old, the new, places to eat, the beach and a good night life (see next post). It is a great place to get away from it all too.

No comments: