Saturday 17 May 2008

California: Santa Barbara to LA

Almost done with the California photos. I have been so busy lately and the blog has suffered but I am going to make a serious effort to try and make it up. Here is the last part of our journey down the coast. Thought this was a classic.

I actually took this out of the window at a stop light. It turned out pretty nice.

You wanted superman pants. You got em. I am whole heartedly apologetic to the good people of Malibu for debasing their sign. Well maybe...

I tired to capture some real scenic beauty but didn't want to fall off the cliff.

These cars were actually being road tested and they had cloth covers on it was really strange seeing them in convoy. We had actually taken a wrong turning at the time but it was fortuitous.

A classic baywatch shot for you. Take note of the surfer in the background towards the orange flag on the left.

A not so classic baywatch moment. We got to Venice beach and literally just as we set foot on the sand this crazy fog just descended. Well I wasn't gonna let that spoil my chance to swim in the Pacific ocean.

Although the real bay watch had to be called.

Only joking it was some boating accident. I assume everything went OK as they weren't really rushing.

I just really like this photo of the playground at Venice beach

Crazy people, gotta love em.

Here is a rare photo of a freeway in LA where cars are moving and it is daylight. I spoke to Andrea about driving in LA and she said there is about an hour if you are lucky when it isn't bad in the daytime. Somehow we found that hour.

No comments: